LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Index Arrays in the "National Instruments.Variable Engine.1" OPC server

Hi,

I have a compactRIO that is network publishing a shared variable that is an array of 32 elements to another shared variable on a windows 7 host of the same type.

With MatrikonOPC explorer, I can see the data being updated but not in the usual way i see with arrays hosted on a OPC server. The prolem is that there is not any "+" sign in front of the variable to expand the variable and see the value of each elements.

EX: Variable[0] would be the value of the first element

What I actually see is all the values of each elements are in the value property separated with commas.

I was wondering if it could be the format or, for example, the representation of the data in the array that could be the problem.

I am using LabVIEW 2011

New Picture.jpg

Best regards,

Pierre

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,200 Views)

Hello Pierre,

If you run a VI on your windows 7 host that reads in the 32-element shared variable, can you see the values come in as expected? 

If so, then everything is working correctly with the shared variable, and you probably need to look into documentation on the MatrikonOPC server to see how it interprets incoming arrays. Perhaps there is a setting you need in order for it to interpret comma-seperated values as an array.

Colden
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,139 Views)

Hi Colden,

Thank you for your answer,

I already tried that test in a VI I created on the host computer (windows 7 32 bits) : I get the same result either I connect the network published shared variable (that is an alias of the network published shared variable on the compactRIO) to an indicator that has a datasocket binding to another network published shared variable OR directly to another network published shared variable. I wanted to explore all possibilities.

And yes, i'll look at the documentation to see if there is a way to configure some settings in Matrikon Explorer.

Best regards,

Pierre

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,126 Views)