LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i make an automatic Print screen in labview ?????

HI all
I need to make a loop that have an event with a function, that takes a screen shot and save it to a file in JPG.
By that I thought if  Labview has a function that can control the 'Print Scrn' butoon on the Keyboard! But automatic. Meaby it's easier!
I've search all the labview functions specially in application control, but find nothing that could control the Print screen.
Is it possible..?

Regards
Zamzam
HFZ
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 45
(6,358 Views)
Hi Zamzam,

use a 'invoke node' with method 'get panel image' and with a reference to the vi, then use standard picture file functions to save the resulting picture...
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 45
(6,351 Views)

I love Labview!!!

Thanks!

HFZ
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 45
(6,346 Views)

I love Labview!!!

Thanks!

HFZ
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 45
(6,346 Views)

Hi Zamzam,

I have the same problem as you... Would it be possible for you to send me an example on how to make a screen shot every second for instance?

Thanks a lot,

Marc

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 45
(6,128 Views)

Hi Marc,

try this.

Mike

Message 6 of 45
(6,109 Views)
Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot for your answer. My question was kind of wrong...because what I really want to do is to take a screen shot of all of the screen( not just the front pannel like I said before). Would anybody know how I could modify the VI I have attached (it only takes a screen shot of the front panel) in order to screen shot all of the screen ?

Thanks a lot,

Regards,

marc
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 45
(6,103 Views)
Hi marc,

this will not be solved by just modifying the last vi. LabView has (AFAIK) no function/property node/method to get the actual windows screen, it can only control frontpanels of vis.
So you have to use some windows function calls (via "Call Library Function") and you better look into MSDN...
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 45
(6,096 Views)
That's an OS related operation, not a LabVIEW operation. Which OS are you running? If you're on Windows you can delve around into the API, or you can try to find a screenshot utility that has an ActiveX interface.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 45
(6,092 Views)
Hi everyone ,

Thanks for all of your answers. I understand that I can't use my VI to make a screen shot of my screen. I am using Labview 8.5 and windows XP. Woould one of you have an example I could work around? I have no experience in this kind of communication.....

Thanks a lot again,

Marc
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 45
(6,076 Views)