LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I disable automatic resizing when enlarging a timed loop?

Solved!
Go to solution

The automatic resizing of the block diagram has been irritating me for a while now.  When I enlarge a timed loop, the rest of my block diagram grows in strange and not at all helpful ways.  To prevent this, I can move my timed loop far into the empty space surrounding my code, resize it, then move it back -- but this is really irritating.  If there is a way to turn this useless and annoying auto-sizing off I can't find one.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,324 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author EthanStern

In LabVIEW 8.2.1+ you can go to Tools --> Options --> Block Diagram and then turn off Place Structures with Auto Grow enabled.

If you are looking at a block diagram, you can right click on the structure itself and turn off Auto Grow.

Turning off Auto Grow in the options is one of the first things I do when installing LabVIEW (there are a few other settings that I change as well).

Rob

Message 2 of 5
(3,313 Views)
Thank you!  I had found that 'Turn off autogrow...' check box but, as you probably surmised, unchecking it didn't modify the properties of all those structures I had already placed.  What a spectacularly useless feature that autogrow is!
Message 3 of 5
(3,309 Views)

Yeah. I forgot to mention that changing the option isn't retroactive. I know the feeling - I deal with other people's code quite a bit. I'm always turning off the Auto Grow when making changes to code.

I'm just wondering if I should suggest to NI that they give us an option to turn off Auto Grow in an entire project or in a specific VI (and its subVIs maybe).

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,287 Views)

I personally wish that all of those preferences were retroactive... like 'transparent name labels', 'show front panel terminals as icons', etc...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,281 Views)