From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Exe from vi not is not working when application is built and tested

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

In my project I wanted to call an exe which is to be executed from labview,In development environment it is working but when I build and tested with application.exe the called executable is not working.

Could anyone help me out??

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,686 Views)

Hi Sri,

is the path you use to call that exe still valid after creating your "application.exe"?

Did you verify that path?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,643 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Sri_Cbe

Hi Sri,

As GerdW described, when you have problems with paths after building into a specific form, it can be very helpful to display the path that you're attempting to use.

Simply adding a path indicator is enough to give you this information when you are building an executable and you have the path available in the top-level VI. In other cases, logging to a file can be helpful (although that requires a valid path usually too!)

If you check the path that you're getting in your case, you'll probably discover your problem fairly quickly - in this case I'd take a quick guess and say the exe is not being copied as part of the build process (or install process) into the appropriate directory+file location (LabVIEW Builds/Support/Process_Test.exe)

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,621 Views)