cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Exe from vi not is not working when application is built and tested

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

In my project I wanted to call an exe which is to be executed from labview,In development environment it is working but when I build and tested with application.exe the called executable is not working.

Could anyone help me out??

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,671 Views)

Hi Sri,

is the path you use to call that exe still valid after creating your "application.exe"?

Did you verify that path?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,628 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sri_Cbe

Hi Sri,

As GerdW described, when you have problems with paths after building into a specific form, it can be very helpful to display the path that you're attempting to use.

Simply adding a path indicator is enough to give you this information when you are building an executable and you have the path available in the top-level VI. In other cases, logging to a file can be helpful (although that requires a valid path usually too!)

If you check the path that you're getting in your case, you'll probably discover your problem fairly quickly - in this case I'd take a quick guess and say the exe is not being copied as part of the build process (or install process) into the appropriate directory+file location (LabVIEW Builds/Support/Process_Test.exe)

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,606 Views)