cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call C# DLL in LabVIEW NXG 2.1

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All!

Is it possible to call a DLL with .NET Framework (written in C#) in LabVIEW NXG 2.1? I have designed a Shared Library Interface(SLI) in my Project folder of NXG 2.1. One of the function in my DLL is of type 'Bitmap' and the function argument of type 'Point', which are the classes  in the 'System.Drawing' Namespace of a .NET Framework. I can only find some primitive datatypes in the SLI such as string,numeric,boolean etc and not the function datatypes in my DLL.

How can I call this function in LabVIEW NXG 2.1? Does LabVIEW Supports calling such function datatypes?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,302 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author enthusiast4

The SLI is similar to the Call Library Node in classic LabVIEW and supports calling standard DLLs with exported functions. It does not support calling .Net assemblies nor does it support exported functions using .Net objects as parameters at this time (and it might be a long time before that is supported).

Either use standard C datatypes for your shared library functions or generate a .Net assembly instead and use the according .Net interface in LabVIEW NXG (I at least assume that it has such an interface similar to the .Net interface in classic LabVIEW).

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,273 Views)