LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COM PORT appearance

Thanksyou all of you guys for your time but today morning it is solved automatically. I just started my labview and it was normal. But yesterday also I restarted my computer also then also it was not solved but today it was.

This is strange behaviour. 

Thanks a lot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(346 Views)

@Ranjeet_Singh wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

Check the VISA Alias

MAX Menu Tools>>NI VISA>>VISA Options  will open a rather useful tool in MAX

General>>Aliases in the tool will allow you to inspect, Clear rename or delete Aliases

Let me check with this, Is there any other option to change it? What I mean to say is it happened through software i.e.. In the VI only. Can I revert it back to normal with COM through VI only ?

Thanks

Yes, it is possible to use the hardware API to change VISA aliaises.  I Doubt that you did that. I suspect some operator changed the MAX Configuration by mistyping the Alias.  Go to MAX Confirm that this is the case. (Or, we are just wasting time.. I don't like wasting time)  If Resetting the alias in MAX works.... and it changes again... Somebody IS using the hardware API without respecting capitalization.. (A Capital Offence! Shoot them!)

No line in this message is intended to suggest the murder of anyone who writes a bug.  Jeff Bohrer used the term "Capital Offence" as a pun on the homonym for crimes punishable by death.

(Humor protection- go figure)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(346 Views)

@JÞB wrote:
@JÞB wrote:

Check the VISA Alias

MAX Menu Tools>>NI VISA>>VISA Options  will open a rather useful tool in MAX

General>>Aliases in the tool will allow you to inspect, Clear rename or delete Aliases

Yes, it is possible to use the hardware API to change VISA Aliaises.  I Doubt that you did that. I suspect some operator changed the MAX Configuration by mistyping the Alias.  Go to MAX Confirm that this is the case. 

I did nothing. All the problem occued becasue of me only becasue no one touches my computer.

god knows what happened ?

What say ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(340 Views)

I also dont like wasting time so forget it. I just want to know the answer if someone asks me this then I should know the answers.

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(338 Views)