Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button/switch as control AND indicator

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Quevvy

The buttons aren't popping back up because you set them to Switch.  The command buttons (Start, Pump Down, Store Data, Stop, Close All, Clear, and OFF) should be set to Latch on Release for their mechanical action.  That would also eliminate the need for the Select functions.  You should also probably move your device initialization and closing outside of the while loop.  There is no need to reinit and close with each iteration.  Also, use Index Array instead of changing your array into a cluster and using Unbundle.

I went ahead an made these changes to your VI.  I also removed everything else that was being disabled.

I suspect you will need to add a wait between your Write and Read to give the device a change to react.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 11 of 12
(663 Views)

I had the buttons on latch before, but then they weren't working, so I used switch and then local variables. I changed that back.

I'm not sure what this did/why it worked, but I changed the Refnum to a control and then back to a constant, and now everything is communicating!

Thanks so much for your help everybody!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(656 Views)