From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build was unsuccessful

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to build EXE and I keep getting message "A VI broke during the build process from being saved without block diagram.  C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Labview 2017\vi.lib\addons\_office\excel.llb\Excel Find and Replace (num).vi. 

I enable debugging when creating a build and it will create the exe and run.  How can I create a build without enabling debug in the build?  How do I include the block diagram of this vi?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,071 Views)

I suspect that VI might be under your Dependencies section.

If you drag it into the project directly (from Dependencies) then you can give it special settings for its BD inclusion under the Source Files options.

srcFiles.png

Here you can see if I unchecked the "Use default save settings" box and removed check marks from other boxes I could change the behaviour.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,023 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Echoman

I found my problem.  I opened the vi C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\vi.lib\addons\_office\Excel Find and Replace (num).vi and it was broken.  It said the Invoke Node had missing connections but everything was connected.  I right clicked on the Invoke Node and selected something like Reconnect and it fixed the broke VI.  I built the application again without the "Enable debugging" and it built the exe with no problems.

Thanks you for your input.Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
(3,996 Views)

I got the same problem.

Thank for your solution.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,934 Views)

You should make your

@Echoman wrote:

I found my problem.  I opened the vi C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\vi.lib\addons\_office\Excel Find and Replace (num).vi and it was broken.  It said the Invoke Node had missing connections but everything was connected.  I right clicked on the Invoke Node and selected something like Reconnect and it fixed the broke VI.  I built the application again without the "Enable debugging" and it built the exe with no problems.

Thanks you for your input.Smiley Happy

answer as the solution.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,908 Views)

Thanks for sharing this!

I ran into the same problem using Labview 2022.  Using the 'relink' trick and saving the file in library solved my problem as well

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,991 Views)