LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build error

Error 1502 occurred at Invoke Node in AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Close_Reference.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi->AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi->AB_CreateNewWizard_Invoke_CORE.vi->EBUIP_CreateNewWizard_Invoke.vi->EBUIP_CreateNewWizard_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller
Possible reason(s):
LabVIEW:  Cannot save a bad VI without its block diagram.
Method Name: Save:Target Instrument
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,509 Views)

Hi,

You can get rid of this particular error in a few ways:

1.In the Addition Exclusions section of your build specification window select Do not disconnect type definitions or remove unreferenced members. While this may make your execution larger, in most cases it will fix the error.

2. Enable Debugging in the in the advanced section of the build spec.

Hope this helps,

Applications Engineer
Message 2 of 7
(3,469 Views)

The problem was solved

Thank you

Gabi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,465 Views)

Rob

I tried both of your fixes. It did not solve the problem. I am using LV 8.5 and it still shows the error as below

Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference:

Error 1502 occurred at Invoke Node in AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Close_Reference.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi->AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi->AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi->AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  Cannot save a bad VI without its block diagram.

Method Name: Save:Target Instrument

I tried enableing the debugging, it build successfully, but the executable is not runable and it has broken arrow. Please let me know if you have any fix for 8.5

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,370 Views)

Hi,

Could you post your code up in a zip file please? Including all Sub VI's it sounds like a VI error - I will have a look through and find the cause for you.

All the best,

Applications Engineer
Message 5 of 7
(3,363 Views)

Hi

I have the same problem.

lv2010.

please can u solve problem.

I attached the required files and some screenshots.

Regards,

Hari

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,753 Views)

Hi Hari,

There are a few approaches you can use to help resolve this error. The first, is to uncheck the 'Disconnect type definitions' and 'Remove unused members of project libraries' found in the Additional Exclusions category within your executable build specifications.

Changing these settings does slightly increase the size of the application however it will not affect execution speed. Recompile your executable to test.

The second is to check the Enable debugging box within the Advanced category within your executable build specifications. This includes the block diagram with the build, but will allow you to build the executable successfully.

Sometimes this error is also caused by building an application from a VI that has code which will never execute; for example, having a constant wired to the selector terminal of a case structure.  Removing the case structure, changing the constant to a control, or placing a diagram disable structure around the case structure are all ways to avoid this error if this is the cause.

So to isolate the problem VI in your code; use a trial and error process of disabling sections of code, and recompiling until you find the problem code.

A few other discussion forum posts talk about that troubleshooting process. 

I hope this helps,

Fred Visser -- SystemLink R&D -- National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,699 Views)