LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browse for Folder dialog

This VI is very nice, but in order to broswe from a folder location other than NULL (root directory) you need a way to get a PIDL for a path....there is another shell function that should be in the Shell32.dll that can get the PIDL from a string, but it doesn't seem to be on my system...

I wish this stuff was better documented.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 32
(2,427 Views)

This seems to work well, the only thing needed now is someone to write a wrapper around the Shell32 call that allows us to pass in stuff like a starting path or a title string (it would go in that large blank area above the folder listing area).

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 32
(2,404 Views)

Mike,

That's exactly what I was trying to figure out last night.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 32
(2,397 Views)
Can anyone tell me how to make this vi a path control to subsitute the original one?
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 32
(2,299 Views)
Hide the browse control for the path control and create your own browse button.

(2,291 Views)
Well, there is no "original one", just the plain file dialog that can select either folders or files. Most likely, you still need the "files" functionailty in the future, so use this as an additional subVI. Place it in the user palette if you think you need it often.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 32
(2,293 Views)

Ok I created a new button, works fine. But now I'm wondering if there's a way to save the last selected path as the default one, so that I don't have to browse from the top every time.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 32
(2,275 Views)

Hi ishi,

well, that's what was asked for in message #12 Smiley Wink

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 18 of 32
(2,267 Views)

Hi,

I don't know what was the ultimate solution to this thread but I am having a same problem.

I used .net 2.0 windows form but everytime it runs it just shows a dialog window with three buttons. The directory tree is not visible (or not there at all). Is it a windows problem or labview problem?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 32
(2,141 Views)
Message 20 of 32
(2,121 Views)