LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken wire - beginner

There is a broken wire in my program.  The two types it is connecting appear to be the same so I'm at a loss.  Any pointers you can give would be appreciated.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,641 Views)

I can't open your 2020 code but you can hover your mouse over the broken wire and it will tell you why the types don't match.  Even more info is available by clicking the broken run-arrow of your VI.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,636 Views)

Thanks for your reply.  When I hover over the broken wire it says 'Class conflict'.  This wire connects two items that I've connected successfully in the past and even run the software.  The problem started when my Labview free version expired and I bought and activated it.  Suddenly the Modbus utilities were gone (had to reinstall those) and now this problem.  There must be a bigger picture that I'm missing.  Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,590 Views)

It looks fine to me...

brokCapture.PNG

But I have seen something like this happen before with the Modbus library. Judging by the error I believe it has something to do with OOP.  I think I just had to delete the offending VI and reconstruct it.

Also you might want to put a Shift Register on your  Object wire like this:

fvdCapture.PNG

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,585 Views)

Since most of us don't have any of your subVIs (from the modbus utility), we cannot really help.

(EDIT: Ah, some do. See post above :D)

For reference, here's how I see your code:

altenbach_0-1626975948647.png

Since things were working before, there might be something wrong how you installed the utilities (wrong version? wrong bitness? Wrong installation order? missing dependencies from other drivers, etc.)

It is also not clear what has expired. The free version (i.e. LabVIEW Community edition ) does not expire, but is limited to non-commercial use. Were you talking about a trial version?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,581 Views)