cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boolean Text Alignment Problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I am using "Property:Position:Left" to align my file names. Unfortunately, the file names are not aligned vertically at the first time when "Select a File" is pressed, especially when the length of file names is different. If "Esc" is pressed in "Select a File" menu, and then "Select a File" is pressed in "Main Menu", the file names are aligned now. I do not know why? Any help will be appreciated.

Run "Main Menu" first, then "Create a File" and then "Select a File". Please create files in "C:\Test" folder. Six files can be displayed.

Steve 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,367 Views)

Hi

Please see the attached file for bad and good alignment.

Thank you

Steve 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,351 Views)

i changed the text length and it was working for me....all that i can think is to try 'release text' on the properties?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,318 Views)

Hi

Have you tried delete one file and add another file with different length of the file name? I am sorry, what is your means on "release text" on the properties?

Thank you,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,304 Views)

@Shijie wrote:

Hi

Have you tried delete one file and add another file with different length of the file name? I am sorry, what is your means on "release text" on the properties?

Thank you,

Steve

it could be that you are also adding spaces to the text?

if you rt click on the button, check 'release text'...it is defaulted to lock text in center. but as mentioned before, you might be adding space "\s"

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,296 Views)

Try to use a defined font ("50pt tahoma") instead of a symbolic font ("50pt application").  With symbolic fonts, things ofter get screwed up when moving to a different machine where the windows theme fonts are defined differently.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,285 Views)

Hi,

I have changed all six buttons to "release text". Please see the attached file "Select a File_Test.vi".

I deleted "Test1" in Windows Explorer. I created a file "Test111" in "Create a File", and then "Select a File". Please see the attached result "Select a File_very bad.png".

I just typed in "Test111" in the file name box in "File Editor" menu and no space in the end. I do not know where I could add spaces to the text.

Thank you very much for your help.

Steve

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,279 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shijie

@Shijie wrote:

Hi

Thank you,

Steve

Your problem is that you have locked text and default justification is set incorrectly in all of your buttons.  Attached is correction.

(You just had to try this in "Select a File_Test.vi":

1. Make all your buttons visible

2. "Release Text" (as someone else said - right click on text and select "Release Text" - do that to all buttons

3. Select all texts and set justification to Left

4. Make all buttons invisible

That's all that was needed...

-DP

--------------------------------------------------------

New Controls & Indicators made using vector graphics & animations? Click below for Pebbles UI

Message 8 of 9
(3,276 Views)

Hi DP,

Thank you very much for your help. You solved my problem.

Best regards,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,258 Views)