LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boolean Build Array

Solved!
Go to solution

I am struggling to work out why the value of the single boolean shown below is not concatinated to the appended arrary from the build array?

I understand that it is not an arrary but a value from a shift register. But surely I can use that value T/F and have it added to the build array some how.  please advise I think I am going mad :manembarrassed:BuildBooleanArray.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,716 Views)

You're not showing enough elements in the array.

You go from a U32 to a boolean array, so you would have 32 elements in that array.

Then you build the scalar boolean onto the end, so now you have a 33-element array.

But your indicator is only set to show 5 elements.

One thing I find odd is that you have a coercion dot going to the Appended Array indicator terminal.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,708 Views)

ok thanks.

I have changed a few things now the coercion dot has gone.  My new pic also shows the fully extended indicators.

Because it adapts to source -  the indicator now shows a boolean array of 9 not 5 which is what i need.

updated_BooleanBuildArray.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,695 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hawkstringer

You still have a coercion dot on Indicator0001.  Since you are now converting a U8 to a boolean array, but indicator 0001 only shows 4 element.  Is it safe for me to assume that your indicator is somehow defined as a fixed-size array?

I would avoid using a fixed array datatype.  If you only want the 4 elements out of the original 8 element array, then use Array Subset to get only the elements that you want.  Then all of your later calculations will work and display properly.

Message 4 of 5
(2,684 Views)

sorted - thanks I used  subset after the conversion - bobs was your uncle etc...:0)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,679 Views)