From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Communication Between Labview and Rn42

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi , 

I am currently working on an project that requires communication between a bluetooth hardware and my pc with a built in bluetooth. The bluetooth hardware is verfied working with Blueterm on android. However i am unable to connect blueterm with my laptop . Is return a unabe to connect error. I am using bluetooth vi without serial or visa. Is this method suggested ? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(3,579 Views)
Hi Sean, These are some threads related with blue tooth issues.Please go through these and try if it helps. http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-for-LEGO-MINDSTORMS-and/Problems-connecting-to-NXT-with-Bluetooth/td... http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Trouble-connecting-Bluetooth-VI-Example-to-Bluetooth-Scale/td-p/1026... http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/unable-to-create-bluetooth-connection-in-PDA/td-p/571659
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(3,576 Views)
Sorry it seems editing is not possible in my forum page from two days.The links provided are written mixed...sorry.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(3,574 Views)

"from two days"

???  I don't know what that phrase is supposed to mean.

You can edit your message within 10 minutes of first posting it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(3,571 Views)
Hi Ravens, I can't click that "options" (button).That is what I mean.Is it the problem with my system??
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(3,569 Views)
Also the smiley,Bold,Underline etc:- are not showing up. while typing the message.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(3,568 Views)

It sounds like your webpages are loading completely.  Try stopping the download and refreshing the screen.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(3,551 Views)

Hi , 

I read through the link and is now able to connect to android application. However using visa in labview, i am unable to connect to the port which rn42 is on . Can anyone advise please.

Thankyou.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(3,535 Views)

Hello seanpps2,

Can you give us more details on what your setup is?

Are you using a shipping example? If so, which one, and what are the parameters you are setting?

Are you getting a specific error message?

Here is a basic tutorial that might help you:

Developing Bluetooth Applications with LabVIEW

Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
If a post solves your question, mark it as The Solution.
If a post helps, give Kudos to it.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(3,523 Views)

Hi Reds ,  i am using a shipping example basic serial read and write.vi. The connection cannot be establishedthrough the virtual port. I am certain that my com port and setting are correct as i have an identical visa vi for physical serial communication. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(3,513 Views)