cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Communication Between Labview and Rn42

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello seanpps2,

Can you make your computer talk to the hardware using any other software program, like HyperTerminal? If not, then I'd recommend you to talk to the OEM, since they are more knowledgeable on how to make your hardware work with the computer better than we are. If you are able to communicate with it and the problem is VISA, we would have a great starting point and we will be able to provide better assistance.

Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
If a post solves your question, mark it as The Solution.
If a post helps, give Kudos to it.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(968 Views)

Hi Reds,

I managed to get the communication up . However i encounter another problem . Upon disconnection (via a button to close bluetooth), i cant reconnect one the immediate next try . The subsequent tries will allow connection to be established again . Could it be a that some data are saved ?   

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(960 Views)

Hi seanpps2,

I would imagine that when you push the button from the Bluetooth device to disconnect it, the VISA session is not terminated properly, and it needs yet another try to initiate a valid session. Do you get the same behavior if you terminate the session via LabVIEW?

Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(953 Views)

Hi REDS, 

It works perfectly fine once i disconnect from labview . The problem only occurs when i disconnect through the use of a button. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(947 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author seanpps2

Hi seanpps2,

In that case I would suggest you first stop the VI so that you don't experience this problem. This way, LabVIEW can manage to end its session appropriately.

Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
Message 15 of 18
(944 Views)

Hi..

Could you maybe upload your code. I am sitting with I think is the same problem. Just can't get i work. It would be really helpfull, I have been working with this issue in several days know.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(911 Views)

Hi,

I saw that you were having a problem with our bluetooth on a forum. Were you able to figure it out?

Thanks in advance,

Aziz 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(732 Views)

Hi Azizelle,

Since this thread is more than 2 years old, it would be best to create a new thread for your issue. Then we can all help you troubleshoot from there. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(708 Views)