Blocks

Solved!
Go to solution

What do you call these blocks? Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,711 Views)

hi,

you mean name (Bundle By Name or Bundle)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,681 Views)

I mean where to find those blocks (palettes) and what is the specific name of those blocks. thanks 🙂 Referring to the picture I posted.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,670 Views)

Hi nerudorin,

I mean where to find those blocks (palettes) and what is the specific name of those blocks

Reciprocal is a basic numeric function, Bundle deals with clusters…

I guess you already know the beginner tutorials for LabVIEW?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 8
(3,662 Views)

Another  thing, how to put this value in the bundle? (referring to the attached picture) thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,657 Views)
Solution
Accepted by nerudorin

Hi nerudorin,

this "thing" is a simple numeric constant…

how to put this value in the bundle?

Well, usually by using a wire… 😄

Again: Have you taken the free online resources to learn LabVIEW?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 6 of 8
(3,653 Views)

I also suggest the free training.  But also if someone tells you the name of a function, you can search for it.  Right click to open your palette and then click search and find the function.  Then it will open your palette showing you where it is.  Of course if you know what it is and where but just want to get to it faster you can open up QuickDrop by using CTRL+Space then type the function and then click on a blank spot on the block diagram to drop it.  Here's a few more training links.

NI Learning Center

NI Getting Started

-Hardware Basics

-MyRIO Project Essentials Guide (lots of good simple circuits with links to youtube demonstrations)

-LabVEW Basics

-DAQ Application Tutorials

-cRIO Developer's Guide 

Learn NI Training Resource Videos

6 Hour LabVIEW Introduction
Self Paced training for students
Self Paced training beginner to advanced, SSP Required

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,572 Views)

Beyond the LabVIEW training (which you should explore before doing anything else in LabVIEW), make life easier on yourself by finding "Snipping Tool" in your Windows start menu.  You can use that to take a quick screenshot instead of using MS Paint to recreate what you're seeing.  It even has a highlight feature so you can show us what part of the picture you're interested in.  Or, as always, you could just attach the VI.

Message 8 of 8
(3,508 Views)