LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bar graph cut in half on ends of the x axis

Solved!
Go to solution

I logged a SR with support and they gave me "CAR #649673 ".

I am waiting for a status update.

Don't expect a miracle fix for a problem that has gone un-noticed for so many years. If I hear anything I will et you know. Alternatively you could call support and see if they can tell you about the CAR. be aware that what I posted was not exactly what you reported but did share the "half bar" problem. 

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 11 of 19
(1,494 Views)

Thanks.  I contacted technical support this morning, but I haven't heard anything back yet.  I will post any learnings also.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(1,492 Views)

Have you tried disabling the x axis autoscale mode?

disable autoscale.png

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(1,484 Views)

Thanks.  Yes, I tried that and it still cuts off the two bars on the end.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,478 Views)

A few LabVIEW ideal that would help if implemented:

An option to hide edge markers of axes

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Allow-text-labels-for-graph-scales/idi-p/921601

Often a better option to create a bargraph style display is to create an array of clusters where each cluster contains a tank (for the value) and a string (for the label). There are quite a few examples here in the forum. For example, look here.

Many elements and decorations could be made transparent for a clean look.

Another option would be to use a picture indicator and build the bar graph from scratch. Probably not that hard.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,466 Views)

Thanks Altenbach.  This is probably what I will do.  Other than using MSCharts or some other third party software, I don't know what else to do.  The only problem is that I need a target line too (I didn't mention that earlier).

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,456 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jpshaw

@jpshaw wrote:

Thanks Altenbach.  This is probably what I will do.  Other than using MSCharts or some other third party software, I don't know what else to do.  The only problem is that I need a target line too (I didn't mention that earlier).

Then some ideas that may help would be;

1) overlay the cluster with a graph with a transparent background...

2) Use Invoke node get image of the cluster and slip that into the image layer of the graph.

3) Use a picture control, insert the cluster image and then draw the line.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 17 of 19
(1,446 Views)

If the target line is always at the same place, you could even just use a line decoration. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,444 Views)

Thanks! That works.  It's not pretty.  I personally think it is flat out ridiculous that users have to jump through so many loops to create a decent bar chart and it's not a new issue.  Just the ability to hide the end points would fix this.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,434 Views)