LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bar graph cut in half on ends of the x axis

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a bar graph that basically cuts the bars in half on both ends of the x-axis.  How can I make the whole bar show up without adding additional years?  Thanks.

BarGraph 001.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(4,649 Views)

You set the X-scale range a little large to include the first and last bar and specify the marker values you want to be shown.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(4,631 Views)

Thanks Ben.  I tried that by specifying the min and max at 2013 and 2017, respectively.  I then have an array with 2014, 2015 and 2016 in it writing to the xscale.markervals array and it shows 2013 and 2017 on the x-axis.  I don't want the 2013 and 2017 to show, just the entire bar graphs.  Any ideas on what else I need to do?

BarGraph 002.JPGBarGraph 002a.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(4,621 Views)

Try to right-click the X-Axis

Marker Spacing >>> Arbitrary

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(4,619 Views)

Thanks Ben.  It still shows 2013 and 2017 on the ends.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(4,612 Views)

I do not see a quick fix.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(4,601 Views)

If you can rule out the user changing the X-scale with zooming you can use something like what I posted in this thread.

make the first and last string blank.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(4,593 Views)

I'd need the vi, with data to check but.... set the scale max and min to 2016.5 and 2013.5 and play with the minor tick marker increment and tick marker styles

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(4,590 Views)

Sorry for the long delay.  I had to pull off and work on something else.  Here is a simple example.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(4,534 Views)

To add to this, you get a skinny bar if there is only one bar graph.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(4,526 Views)