From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG? Numeric control resets every other entry with non-standard display format

Solved!
Go to solution

I found what I think is a bug with a numeric control set to a non-standard display format.  I have the display format set to "%dW" (an integer followed by the letter W).  When I enter a number it works, but if I then enter the same number again, the numeric control resets to 0.  This continues to alternate as long as I enter the same value - one entry will be right, the next resets to 0.  LabVIEW 2009 SP1.  The VI does not even need to be running to see this behavior.  If I use a value change event I also see this - the "New" value will alternately be 0 even when that is not what I entered.

numeric format bug.png

Message 1 of 6
(3,559 Views)
Yes.  I see what you mean.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,555 Views)

More strange things:  If your format string is %d W (notice the space between %d and W), and you highlight the number and the space, then type in the same number, it remains the same and does not go back to 0.  But if you highlight just the number and type in the same number, it will go back to 0.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,540 Views)
Anyone from NI willing to file this as a bug?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,455 Views)

Hi guys,

That's easy to reproduce and I couldn't find an existing CAR so I created CAR# 235712 for this issue.  Thank you for providing feedback.

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,412 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nathand

I had someone contact me about this issue today.  Just as a follow up, this CAR was fixed in 2011.

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
Message 6 of 6
(3,022 Views)