From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average Value Scope

Doing something manually has absolutely nothing to do with code or for loops or timeouts. I don't see why you don't understand what you've been told to do. Just walk away from your computer.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 46
(3,686 Views)

Yes ı made it sir .

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 46
(3,682 Views)

What time base (seconds/division) are you using?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 23 of 46
(3,675 Views)

What is time base sir . Can ı understand in attachment ?

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 46
(3,666 Views)

@ELEPRO wrote:

What is time base sir .

In all seriousness, if you do not understand what I mean by time base, you need to go find a professor and have them teach you how to use an oscilloscope.

Time base is the number of seconds per division in the horizontal axis.  It looks like you are using 500ms/division.  Since there are 10 divisions on the screen, you are capturing 5 seconds worth of data per trigger.  So in order to capture 512 waveforms to average, you will be waiting at least 42 minutes.  Since it looks like the interesting part of your waveform is 4 divisions (2 seconds), you could decrease your time base to 200ms.

Since you are also going for an average waveform, you should not use an auto trigger.  A trigger level of 0.5V on a rising edge should work well for you.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 25 of 46
(3,651 Views)

Thank you so much sir.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 46
(3,640 Views)

Hello sir ,

I made exactly what you say. I configure  #Average 512  in my scope and ı see the signal in my scope .  But when ı  run same vi, again vi is not working and says "VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF0015) Timeout expired before operation completed." 

1232.PNG

AND eror :

oo.PNG

What should ı do ?

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 46
(3,552 Views)

2ms/div*10div = 20ms of data per cycle.  Multiply that by 512 cycles needed for the average and we get ~10.25 seconds.  I'm willing to bet that your VISA timeout is set to 10 seconds.  So of course you are going to get a timeout.  And that is not counting the time between the signal pulses.  How often are those singnals sent?

In short, you need to add delays to your code in order to allow for the signals to be fully captured before you can get them.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 46
(3,536 Views)

When ı looked the quick drop. I didn't find delay. What should ı  do sir ?

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 46
(3,530 Views)

@ELEPRO wrote:

When ı looked the quick drop. I didn't find delay. What should ı  do sir ?

Take some tutorials.  The Wait (ms) is one of the most important functions when dealing with instruments.

3 Hour Introduction
6 Hour Introduction
LabVEW Basics
Self Paced training for students
Self Paced training beginner to advanced, SSP Required
LabVIEW Wiki on Training
Learning NI
Getting Started with NI Products

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 46
(3,525 Views)