LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Updating Plot Names From a Text Ring

Hi,

I'm running Labview 8.2. 

What I am trying to do is make a list of names describing Analog Inputs.  The data obtained should then be plotted and each plot should have the correct name in the legend.  The names should be able to change based on user input.  This is what I have so far. 

The problems I am facing is I don't know how to obtain the number of active rows in the array.  The program is just spitting out the total number of rows.  Second, since I am using an arrayed text ring, I can't change the order of the plots.  I think the problem is that I don't know how to pull the displayed value from the text ring, rather I'm just pulling all the values in order.  

If anyone has a solution or a different idea I'm open to suggestions.  Thanks in advance!

Yin
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,315 Views)
See if this does what you want.
Message 2 of 4
(2,303 Views)
Thanks Centerbolt!

That does most of what I want it to do.

Now notice that the number of plots is equal to the number of rows.  Is there a way to make the number of plots equal to the number of active rows?  This way if one of the text rings in the array is disabled, then the plot would reflect the change rather than having a long list of "plot #".

Thanks again for the help
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,286 Views)

Take a look at this.  I threw this together in a hurry so I'm sure it can be cleaned up a bit but it shows how you might go about doing this.  You will need to decide the best way to designate a channel as disabled/unused.

There was a problem with mechanical action of stop button.

Message Edited by centerbolt on 08-03-2007 10:50 AM

Message 4 of 4
(2,276 Views)