LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning new names to List of files

Solved!
Go to solution

Alright, So after all the suggestions, help and VIs I was able to figure it out. And Thanks to all of you. So, aside from that, I had another additional feature that I need. Let's say I have these master spreadsheets( I have just added an example file here) that contains information about these files that i have attached earlier in this thread. (1) I want to open this spreadsheet in Labview multi column list-box and then somehow I want to (2) double click on the listbox to open the original file and (3) show its data in XY graph.

I figured out how to open the spreadsheet in Labview, I figured out how to open them the file data in XY graph. I just don't know what to dofor the middle part. Here's a snippet of how to open the spreadsheet in Labview. Spreadsheet to Listbox v1.png

If you guys can help me out with task number two, then that would be great. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(966 Views)

Hi Huqs,

Why do you use list folder but not take any of the outputs? No need to transpose the array, you can wire a 0 to the "column" of index array and it will give you the first column. You can read the double click input of a listbox using an event structure:

temp.png

Message 12 of 23
(958 Views)

Hi gregoryj, 

Alright, I will do so what you suggested. Just a quick simple question, How do you get that I32 blue symbol? I am sorry, I'm still a fairly new user. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(955 Views)

For the Multicolumn Listbox? Right click it and de-select "view as icon". I prefer the smaller terminals, which you can change under tools >> options

temp.png

Message 14 of 23
(953 Views)

The other option is to Right-Mouse Button on the Control or Indicator and uncheck the "View as Icon".

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
Message 15 of 23
(946 Views)

I don't know if that's really the "other" option so much as the same option haha

Message 16 of 23
(943 Views)

@Gregory wrote:

I don't know if that's really the "other" option so much as the same option haha

Speaking from experience...

Spoiler

Your way if left un-done will confuse and potentially perturb your customer after you depart site.

Minion's way will limit the damage to only the code you touch.

Seriously, I have had customers call me after  visit because they did not know how to change the setting!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(932 Views)

@Gregory wrote:

For the Multicolumn Listbox? Right click it and de-select "view as icon". 

Man, that's crazy! I just meant I already mentioned right-clicking on the terminal above.

Message 18 of 23
(927 Views)

@Gregory wrote:

@Gregory wrote:

For the Multicolumn Listbox? Right click it and de-select "view as icon". 

Man, that's crazy! I just meant I already mentioned right-clicking on the terminal above.

Indeed you did!

My bad. My eyes went right to the image and skipped what you wrote.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(920 Views)

Alright, Can we all please focus on the 1st question that I asked initially this morning? so far this is what I have. I have attached VIs with instructions and attached master spreadsheets and test files. You need the test files to operate the VIs. If you guys can check it out, then would be great. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(913 Views)