LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array selection start selection end

How is this context menu used on an Array (right click on an array, not the array-item, in a runtime LabVIEW). A blue line or box appears when Select All but not sure what to do with the "Selection Start" or "Selection End" on the Array context menu while the VI is running.

Can I select array item(s) and get them out of a property or on the clip board etc.....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,815 Views)

Those options work with array indexes.

Set your array index to the first element you want to copy and then do the "start Selection".

Set the index to one more than the last element you want to select. and do end selection.

Data operations copy data.

If "show Selection" is enabled you will see the selected data.

It will copy to the clipboard and you can paste it into another LV control if you want.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 8
(3,795 Views)

Got it thanks!

For the record let me add, you need to Use Array Invoke, Export to Clipboard, to paste outside of LabVIEW. Otherwise the control's picture as it appears on the FP is on the clipboard.

Message 3 of 8
(3,744 Views)

Doesn't right click>export also work? That should have the exact same effect as the export invoke node.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,722 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

Doesn't right click>export also work? That should have the exact same effect as the export invoke node.

I suspect as much.

Just do not try to do that on an array of enums (without saving everything first).

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,697 Views)

@Ben wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

Doesn't right click>export also work? That should have the exact

Just do not try to do that on an array of enums (without saving everything first).

Ben

Seemed to work fine for me (LV13 and LV17). Trick is the enum needs to be a type def, or everything is fine. This crashes 13 and 17. I assume it's reported?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,677 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@Ben wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

Doesn't right click>export also work? That should have the exact

Ben

Seemed to work fine for me (LV13 and LV17). Trick is the enum needs to be a type def, or everything is fine. This crashes 13 and 17. I assume it's reported?

Yes sir!

Ten minutes after it bit me, I had LV crashing for the AE in Austin. Got a shiny new CAR within hours. I also asked that it be flagged for the LV Champions monthly report.

In my case I was trying to get a handle on the state transitions of a state machine that had been developed by someone else. I was building an array of the type-def'd enums and displaying same on the FP. When attempting to copy the array contents LV crashed. So it made me question why nobody noticed that problem previously.

Take Care,

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,666 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

Yes, I was looking for the programmatic way not UI way of exporting.  Thx

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,632 Views)