From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array question + write to file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I'm using USB-6009 with Labview 8.5 

I've searched and went over array tutorial and still confused about data acquisition..  : ( 

so here's what I'm trying to do (simple)

I have two analog voltage input (AI0 and AI1) thru DAQ assistant

and I want to monitor them respectivelly and finally want to write them to either lvm format or csv format.. 

Question 1. 

Can I have any array example VI with DAQ assistant ? all the tutorials I went over

they just deal with numbers.. not the dynamics data.. 

I think of.. converting the data to DBL and somehow rearrange to each array to put monitor graph 

Question 2. 

so, I splitted the data using array to show the monitor, then should I add those two set of array data 

to write to file ? or.. is there a way to write to file directly from the Daq Assistant to Write to File VI   ? 

Quesetion 3. 

If so, could you tell me how this write to file save the data ? 1st column with odd row -> AI0

1st column with even row -> A1 .. something like this ? ? 

Thanks, I've spent about 3 hours doing this , googled them, read the labview help, and did not help much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,312 Views)

What you are asking for can definitely be done real quick. Post your VI and we can offer suggestions.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,298 Views)

THanks, here is my VI 

I think this is working and my lvm file shows me 2 different colums of data

however I'm not sure why it's skipping the first column. I get zeros for this coulmn

and I'm also  not sure whether I need to re-convert the dynamic data to output to lvm file 

Can I just wire it from the pure dynamic data (before convert to double data) and write to file ? 

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,277 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Johnnykoo

1. You should be able to double-click on the Convert from Dynamic Data and convert the waveform into an array.

2. Just connect the output of the DAQmx Express VI to the Write to LVM Express VI.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,272 Views)