From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Installer requires Vision even when application does not, if I want to install MAX

We have a LabView application that does not require vision. We want to build an installer for this application, and we want MAX to be installed with the application. This LabView 2015 installation has vision installed.

I made the application builder - built fine.

I made the installer. Selected the application, selected DAQmx runtime with configuration support (i.e. put MAX on too). Try to close. It complains that we don't have the vision installer. I blink, make sure there isn't any vision involved here. There isn't, at least, not in the application itself.

I delete the installer, try again, uncheck the DAQmx runtime and check the DAQmx runtime with configuration support. Close. It closes, satisfied.

Then I try to build the installer. It complains that it doesn't have a vision installer, and that's required for the installer. No way to get around it, that I can see.

SOOO. 1) can we build it without vision, considering there is no real dependence on vision?

2) If we cannot build it without vision for some stupid reason, can we get that vision installer in there somehow, never mind the bloat?

3) Once that's in there, will it at least not create a need for a vision license we would not be using?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,305 Views)

@LukeASomers wrote:

1) can we build it without vision, considering there is no real dependence on vision?

Are you sure it's tagged of in "additional installers" tab? It might be turned on automatically when selecting MAX. 

Are you including a MAX hardware configuration under "hardware configuration" tab? A max configuration that includes Vision might force this as dependency.

Can you install the LV run-time engine and then run the executable? It might give an error (error loading VI) that could help you further.

2) If we cannot build it without vision for some stupid reason, can we get that vision installer in there somehow, never mind the bloat?

You can download the NI Vision RT from the NI site:

http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/global/lang/nl/pg/1/q/Vision%20Development%20Modu...

I'm not sure if this is enough for the installer builder to included it.

3) Once that's in there, will it at least not create a need for a vision license we would not be using? 

Can't help you with that one.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,273 Views)

I tried making a whole new project with a nearly-blank VI (assign 0 to a numerical indicator), an application builder, and then an installer with the DAQmx with configuration support included.

I made absolutely sure that nothing to do with IMAQdx was checked. The Hardware Configuration tab is still at the default unchecked not-including-hardware-configuration setting.

The same exact problem arose.

We can get the program to install, but we need MAX to configure the hardware… is there a convenient way to separately install MAX? I doubt that just copying the application is going to work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,255 Views)

Sure, you can install NI-DAQmx drivers (with MAX) separately, either from the Drivers DVD or downloading from the NI site.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,250 Views)