From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Directory VI in labview 7.1

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, 

I have a slight issue. I need the location of an application in LV7.1. However Application Directory VI is not available in this version. The closest thing I could find was  “Current VI Path” but it returns the VI name in the path too. For example “K:\LabVIEW\test.vi”. I could just delete the last part but I do not know what the exact name will be. Is there a simple way to get just the containing folder path?

Since I do not know what it will be called + it will be made into an executable I am not sure what the resulting string will be. This is also why I’d like to avoid messing it with string actions.  

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,395 Views)

Never mind I made a small VI that does just that. However I do not know how to delete this post 🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,374 Views)

You can't delete.

If you want to be helpful for someone in the future.  Attach your VI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,364 Views)

And then mark the post where you include your VI as the solution!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 4 of 6
(2,349 Views)
Solution
Accepted by huntersoa

Hello, 

sorry about the late reply. Also sorry but I could not find the "VI sniplet" option. So here is the section that does the job 🙂 

DisplayVIFolderPath1.jpgDisplayVIFolderPath2.jpg

Message 5 of 6
(2,314 Views)

One remark: 

Originally I made a version that messes with the resulting string. However that solution does not work well if the vi is compiled. This version works in both dev and application environments. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,312 Views)