cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Directory VI in labview 7.1

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, 

I have a slight issue. I need the location of an application in LV7.1. However Application Directory VI is not available in this version. The closest thing I could find was  “Current VI Path” but it returns the VI name in the path too. For example “K:\LabVIEW\test.vi”. I could just delete the last part but I do not know what the exact name will be. Is there a simple way to get just the containing folder path?

Since I do not know what it will be called + it will be made into an executable I am not sure what the resulting string will be. This is also why I’d like to avoid messing it with string actions.  

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,406 Views)

Never mind I made a small VI that does just that. However I do not know how to delete this post 🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,385 Views)

You can't delete.

If you want to be helpful for someone in the future.  Attach your VI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,375 Views)

And then mark the post where you include your VI as the solution!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 4 of 6
(2,360 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author huntersoa

Hello, 

sorry about the late reply. Also sorry but I could not find the "VI sniplet" option. So here is the section that does the job 🙂 

DisplayVIFolderPath1.jpgDisplayVIFolderPath2.jpg

Message 5 of 6
(2,325 Views)

One remark: 

Originally I made a version that messes with the resulting string. However that solution does not work well if the vi is compiled. This version works in both dev and application environments. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,323 Views)