From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog to Digital VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi 

I am using analog to digital converter VI. In that VI, I see all parameters except sample rate. An ADC should always come with sample rate like 10KSPS,1MSPS. Can you tell me how to control sample rate of ADC. I have attached snapshot of my code.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,591 Views)

Hi siva,

While configuring the Express Vi to simulate the sine signal,you must have entered the samples per second..which is nothing but the ADC sampling rate which your program will consider..

Thanks and regards,

srikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,577 Views)

I Guess siva is asking about the A to D Converter sampling rate....

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,539 Views)

And as already been answered, the converter rate is set by the sampling rate of the input signal. Have you looked at how the analog to digital converter actually works? Each and every element of the input waveform is converted. By itself, it is not at all the equivalent of a hardware A/D. The sampling part of an A/D is being done by the simulate signal function.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,530 Views)

If number of samples per second is fixed( which is adc sample rate) and  if we change the frequency of signal , number of capture points should change.

Example : If frequency of triangle signal is reduced by half, then number of samples captured in one cycle should be double.

Is this way simulated signal VI works/Designed?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,516 Views)

If number of samples per second is fixed( which is adc sample rate) and  if we change the frequency of signal , number of capture points should change.

Example : If frequency of triangle signal is reduced by half, then number of samples captured in one cycle should be double.

Is this way simulated signal VI works/Designed?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,516 Views)

The sample rate is not fixed. It is settable on the front panel of the express VI. If you don't change it, yes you are correct about rhe number of points per cycle and this is the expected/designed behavior. Just like if you were using a real DAQ card,

Message 7 of 8
(5,503 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SIVA_M

Thank you for the details.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,436 Views)