From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate .sqc file in labview

Hi All,

I am using LabVIEW for some test and measurement application and in that we are using sequence file (.SQC) for different UUT's(Unit Under Test) models .

For each model of  UUT separate Sequence file (.sqc) is to be selected in the labview program. 

When I opened the sequence file(.sqc) in notepad i can see all the test limits and configurations.But when i edited any part of the sequence file in notepad and select that sequence file Labview application is not working .

So  I am having following questions?

What is a .Sqc file?

How to generate this .Sqc file?

Is it possible to edit a sequence file?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,873 Views)

I am not sure what .sqc file means... Generally Sequence files will be .seq.. Its an XMl file containing the information about the sequence ( Type of Waveform, No. of cycles etc.).. Are you sure you have a .sqc file and opened with notepad and successfully Run in LabVIEW?...

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,864 Views)

The .sqc files would be used by some custom application written for or by the place you work. Ask around. Are you the only LabVIEW programmer? Do you have the source code to look at?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,856 Views)

Please find the attached .sqc file .You can open it in notepad. The file extension is not .seq but it is .sqc. 

What I understood is source code is taking configuration details from this file .sqc. So for different UUT's different .sqc files are there.

Please have a look at this attachment.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,810 Views)

It is a normal ASCII text file.  The read and write text file functions in the LabVIEW File I/O palette will work with it.  You can probably also use the Config File functions to be able to open and read it assuming you know the names of the sections and items you are looking for.

You say you are using a "LabVIEW application" that is not working.  As Dennis asked, who wrote that application for you?  And do you have the source code?

If you are having problems, then the problem is with the LabVIEW VI's that were written for you.  And we can't help with that without seeing them and knowing what they do.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,802 Views)

What kind of help do you expect? It's quite similar to an ini file. Look at the source code to see how it's read. That is something you and only you would have.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,801 Views)