LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After build exe,several files appear,which is necessary?

Solved!
Go to solution

After I build the exes, there are three or four files appear.see as below:

微信截图_20180926102007.png

I know the exe file is important ,each time I use the procedure, I double-click it .

but what is the ini\aliases\conf files ? are they necessary for the exe to run ?

I want just to copy the exe file ,as well as to drop others ,will that be ok?  and ,in which case are these files take effect ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,518 Views)

Short answer - yes make sure to copy all the files.

Message 2 of 5
(2,517 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author alii001

AFAIK, The exe will often work (properly) without them. The exe will always run without them, but (potential important) settings could be stored in the files.

Both the aliases file as the ini file is recreated each time the exe is started.

The ini file is used to store settings. Often, settings used by the programmer, but also settings used by the executable. Often not too much useful stuff, but if you configured for instance VI Server, those settings will end up in the ini file.

The aliases file is used to store aliases (duh) of hardware recourses. Hardware related things might take longer then needed if you delete that file, although the first time on a new system it's probably re-written completely anyway.

Not sure about the .conf file, but it seems that you actually have VI (Web) Server stuff going on. You don't get that file by default. That makes me wander if important settings are in the ini file as well...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,477 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

Not sure about the .conf file, but it seems that you actually have VI (Web) Server stuff going on. You don't get that file by default. That makes me wander if important settings are in the ini file as well...

Yep, it has to do with the application web server.  So if you are using the Web Server, then you need it.  If not, then you should probably go into your LabVIEW options and turn that off.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,470 Views)

There is something information about the .aliases file. If an application is generated, the .aliases file will be copied to the same directory as the application. If you do not extend the mapping relationship in the file, you do not need to check the .aliases file into source control.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,427 Views)