LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Installers Missing

Hi,

I've just installed LabVIEW 2011 and wanted to rebuild all my installers. When I open an installer most of the 'Additional Installers' are missing.

I've tried a few thing from this post: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Additional-Installers-Page-Blank-and-Disabled/m-p/855228/highlight/t...

but so far nothing has worked.

Attached is the log file (I think it's the correct one).

A repair of LabVIEW didn't work and running mdffix.reg didn't work (could this be because I'm using Windows 7?)

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Thanks for looking.

Sarah

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,175 Views)

Hi,

I've still not resolved this problem.

I uninstalled all NI programs from 'Programs and Features', then ran MSI Blast to check everything had been removed and followed the instructions here:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Problem-in-installing-the-LabVIEW-2010-plz-help/m-p/1636282/message-...

I then reinstalled LabVIEW and the device drivers and most of my additional installers are still missing and i get the error shown in the attached screenshot.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Sarah

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,158 Views)

Hi!

I had a similar problem after I installed LV2011 and device drivers. After the installation my DAQmx USB-6225 was not to be found in MAX. I reinstalled LV2011 and the device drivers, but still nothing.

I then uninstalled LV2010 and 2009 and only installed LV2011 and the drivers. This time the installation went really fast, because there still was stuff in the windows register. I believe LV only install what is nessesary and since there was stuff in the register, it did not install all the files.

I had to format my computer and install LV2011 and the drivers again. This time everything worked perfect. 

Regards,
Even

Automated Test Developer
Topro AS
Norway
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,155 Views)

Thanks Even,

It's looking like reformatting may be my best option now. There are only so many times you can uninstall and reinstall LabVIEW before you lose the will to live, I think that happened about 2 days ago...........!

Sarah

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,140 Views)

Hi Sarah,

The most common reason for you Additional installer list to be empty or having missing installers is after an installation of 3rd party software or an execution of registry cleaner software (such as Registry Mechanic) or an upgrade of LabVIEW (the case here) a repair will usually fix this but I can see you have done this and its not helped.

If the above does not work, you may have a corrupt registry key. Close LabVIEW and, if you are using Windows XP, download the attached mdffix.reg. If you are using Windows Vista download the attached mdffix_vista.reg.  Once downloaded, double left-click on the file to install the registry fix. After restarting LabVIEW, the list of additional installers should be repopulated.

Hope this helps

Matt Surridge

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,127 Views)

Hi Sarah,

I hope you are well. How did the uninstall/re-install go? I understand you also are covered under the NI Support Program, so feel free to give us a call on 0163-523-545 and we can create a service request for you to discuss the issue to help with the re-install. We may recommend some additional steps to help the clearance of NI software.

Feel free to lean on us to get this issue sorted. Thanks!

Matt Surridge

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,121 Views)

Hi Sarah,

I hope you are well. How did the uninstall/re-install go? I understand you also are covered under the NI Support Program, so feel free to give us a call on 0163-523-545 and we can create a service request for you to discuss the issue to help with the re-install. We may recommend some additional steps to help the clearance of NI software.

Feel free to lean on us to get this issue sorted. Thanks!

Matt Surridge

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,120 Views)

Hi Matt,

I think it looks OK now 🙂

Someone pointed out that in Windows 7 there is a hidden folder in C: called ProgramData, and a hidden folder in C:\Users\Administrator\ called AppData both still had a National Instruments folder in with lots of files left after a complete uninstall . I deleted these (as well as deleting the files mentioned in http://forums.ni.com/ni/attachments/ni/170/588914/1/MSI%20Blast.pdf) and then reinstalled. All my additional installers are back now & I don't get an error when I try to build.

Thanks for your reply.

Sarah 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,116 Views)