LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding to Instrument I/O Drivers

Solved!
Go to solution

I am sure I knew how to do this at one point, but I have completely forgotten...

I just downloaded a new driver from the NI driver network (the Agilent 34420A) and I can't remember how to get the icon to show up under the "Instrument Drivers" tab, under "Instrument I/O" in the Functions Pallette.

LabVIEW comes with a driver installed already, so I tried to make it match.

I went into c:/program files/ etc etc to the National Instruments install folder and put the driver in the instr.lib folder, I then restarted LabVIEW but that didnt seem to do it.

If I open the "Find Instrument Drivers" options under the "Tools" tab, it lists the 34420A as an installed driver, but it still doesnt show up in the Pallette.

I am sure I am missing something simple here...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,542 Views)

Another potential solution would be to simply get the icon for the VI tree to show up in the "User Libraries" section on the Functions Pallette, but I can't seem to be able to do that either.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,532 Views)

From the instructional book LabVIEW for Everyone:

"You can add items to the Favorites category by right-clicking on the object and selecting Add Item to Favorites from the shortcut menu."

Can anyone try and see if this works for them?

This would easily solve my problem, but I see no Add Item to Favorites option!

Add to favorites.jpg

Do you see it?  Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,524 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LarsUlrich

Ok, here is one answer (to my own question).

Tools > Advanced > Edit Palette Set

Then the functions palette will pop up on screen.  Find the Instrument I/O palette.  Right click.

Insert > Sub-palette

Then use the browse dialog box to find the dir.mnu file for the specific driver you wish to add.

I am still interested in finding an easier (more obvious) way of doing this...

Message 4 of 4
(2,513 Views)