LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find/install NI-IMAQ driver

I am trying to use Vision Builder AI for the first time. A couple of the functions like "Acquire Image" and "Read/Write Camera Attributes" are unavailable when I try to click them, and I get a pop-up message saying:

"This step required NI-Imaq Driver software to support National Instruments image acquisition devices. The driver could not be located on this computer. Download and install the NI-IMAQ driver from ni.com/support"

I'm not sure which driver I'm supposed to be downloading. I found and downloaded ni_imaq_usb_installer_86.exe but that didn't seem to do anything.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,100 Views)

What version of LabVIEW are you using?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,098 Views)

I have Labview 2012 SP1.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,088 Views)

Looks like the latest is NI-IMAQ 4.5.4.

If you have the Developer Suite, the vision stuff should be included in the discs.  I would look at those before downloading anything.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,084 Views)

Well I downloaded the NI-IMAQ 4.5.6., and I think it gave me IMAQ function that I can use within labview. But when I go to NI VIsion Builder AI, there are still un-clickable functions.

Here's what it looks like:

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,074 Views)