LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding sine waves

Hi i'm new to LabVIEW and was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem,
want to be able to add sine waves together like this
100sinwt + 10sin(3wt+30deg) + 5sin(5wt+15deg) then see an outputted wave of this fourier series, i had a go using the formula node but had a problem dont think it was putting a phase on it but just andding the the number?? instead of degrees i was using radians in above formula.
If anyone can give me a advice or some tips would be very greatful
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 33
(9,451 Views)
Use the Sine Wave.vi from Analyze>>Signal Processing>>Signal Generation palette. One copy for each harmonic. The attached Vi shows how it can work.

Lynn
Message 2 of 33
(9,437 Views)
I have a question ı couldn't do this.Can you help me,please??
Briefly the question is in the attachment
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 33
(9,258 Views)

Great example johnsold...

With regard to the last reply, I'd like to help but it would probably get me in trouble...

KostasB

NIUK Applications Engineering

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 33
(9,251 Views)
hi KostasB.why you re in trouble?could you help me about this example?because it s important for me ı tried to do but ı couldn't reach the real solution.ıf you re interested and want to help,ı can send the files that ı studied.ı m looking forward for your reply.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 33
(9,245 Views)

We can't do your project for you..

Can you give us details about where you are stuck... and WHY did you hijack the original thread?

I suggest you design the software, define requirements, inputs (controls), outputs (indicators), maybe describe it as a state machine, and then ask specific questions on how to implement using Labview. 

Also..  It would be appropriate for you to start a new thread for all of your questions on this particular problem.

Thanks,

RayR

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 33
(9,240 Views)
ı tried to do this but there is an error how can ı solve tihs problem ı dont know.And ı dont know how will be the plotting of w(x,t).I know that ıt must be a sinusoidal wave when n become about 100.You can make me know the cause of the errors and how can ı correct them.please help
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 33
(9,237 Views)
is there anyone.... who can help me about this project?

its so important for me. if i can't do this my school will not finish:( i try to do but there is an error that i could't find the cause of its. please help me.... i will be waiting for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 33
(9,207 Views)
I'll look at your code tonite.  I don't have LV installed on this PC..  -sorry-
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 33
(9,203 Views)
The problem is that your case structure is based on strings "0".."L/2" and "L/2" .. "L", but the value going into the selector (the ? mark) is a numeric.  You can't evaluate formulas in your case structure like that.  Now if you do the calculation of W divided by L, then you could compare to 0.5 and make your case structure a true or false situation.

Also, you have an unwired tunnel hiding under the orange tunnel on the right hand side.  You also have some odd wiring.  You split your h wire and tunnel it into the case structure in two different locations, once case uses one tunnel, the other case uses the other tunnel, but they both will have the same value!
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 33
(9,194 Views)