LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Polymorphic VI to User Libraries Palette

Solved!
Go to solution
I have looked around for some documentation but have not found exactly what I am looking for.  I would like to add a polymorphic vi to the user library palette.  When I do this, by linking to the directory that holds the Polymorphic vi and its instances the new sub palette holds not only the polymorphic vi but also all of its instances.  Can someone point me to the directions I need to follow to get this to work?  Thank you for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,590 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jon_mcbee

jmcbee wrote:
I have looked around for some documentation but have not found exactly what I am looking for.  I would like to add a polymorphic vi to the user library palette.  When I do this, by linking to the directory that holds the Polymorphic vi and its instances the new sub palette holds not only the polymorphic vi but also all of its instances.  Can someone point me to the directions I need to follow to get this to work?  Thank you for your help.

While you can initially link to the directory to let LabVIEW create icons for all theVIs in there you then have to go to the button you created for that sublibrary and in the right popup menu disable the Synchronize option.After that you can go back into the subpalette and edit it, throwing out (deleting) everything you don't want in there and also rearranging the icons in the way you find logicial.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 2 of 3
(2,582 Views)
Thank you Rolf.  I appreciate the feedback, I was not able to find any documentation on this.  You definitely saved me some time playing around.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,578 Views)