LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actplot errors!!!

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I got a problem with an actplot error. I tried to split the plotting into 2 charts but the error at Actplot property occurs. Do you have any ideas what the cause is?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,841 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,840 Views)

What is actplot?

What "error at Actplot property"?

The subVI "selecting data to save" was not included, but I saw no broken wires errors in the code. Are you sure you uploaded the right VIs?

Message 3 of 11
(2,827 Views)

@smercurio_fc wrote:

What is actplot?

What "error at Actplot property"?

The subVI "selecting data to save" was not included, but I saw no broken wires errors in the code. Are you sure you uploaded the right VIs?

Ditto that!

I don't have all of the error code memorized but I would guess 1043 for invalid something or other being returned if you try to set the active plot for a plot the chart has never seen. That error has been coming up ever since LV 8.0 and can be worked-around by just resizing the plot legend at development time to show more than you ever expect. Once you do so the plots "exist" even though they may not be visable.

So my wild guess is to show the plot legend exand it save and then ... whatever.

Be

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 11
(2,812 Views)

So are we assuming it's a runtime error, and not a coding error?

Bombbooo: please clarify.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,799 Views)

Here we go. Sorry I forgot to attach another subvi. Yes there are no broken wires in the vi. It's a runtime error.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,793 Views)

"I don't have all of the error code memorized but I would guess 1043 for invalid something or other being returned if you try to set the active plot for a plot the chart has never seen. That error has been coming up ever since LV 8.0 and can be worked-around by just resizing the plot legend at development time to show more than you ever expect. Once you do so the plots "exist" even though they may not be visable.

So my wild guess is to show the plot legend exand it save and then ... whatever.

@Ben : I didn't really understand completely by saying "resizing the plot lengend at development time to show more than you ever expect" what did you mean by that? What should I change in my vi? Where to find it?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,785 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bombbooo

@Bombbooo wrote:

Here we go. Sorry I forgot to attach another subvi. Yes there are no broken wires in the vi. It's a runtime error.

And yet you still fail to tell us where the error is occurring, and what the actual error is. After running the VI, the error code shown is 1077. As Ben guessed, the issue is that you are trying to select a plot that doesn't actually exist. You have not actually written data to the graph, so there are no plots. In the second iteration fo the loop, you are trying to select the second plot. But there ain't no second plot. The first iteration works because your plot legend is visible, and it always displays at least one plot. What Ben is suggesting is to resize the legend to show more plots. Then you won't get the error.

Message 8 of 11
(2,774 Views)

Thanks. After I tried to expand the plot legend, it worked. However, when I tried to change to value, the graph lines don't correspond to the changed values I adjust in the data mainstream. It stays the same no matter how much I change the value. How can I fix this? I already added transpose array before plotting in the charts

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,762 Views)

Technically, Ben should get credit for the solution, since he guess at the possible problem. You can change the marked solution using the Options menu right above the specific message.

As for your question: I don't understand what you are asking. I don't know what you mean by " when I tried to change to value, the graph lines don't correspond to the changed values I adjust in the data mainstream"

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,726 Views)