cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveX Calls Wrong Internet Explorer Version

Solved!
Go to solution

LabVIEW 2018 64-bit Windows 10

I have been prototyping and attempting to find and example related to logging into a website and then automating a few form entries. The website uses cookies and redirects a few times so my unsuccessful attempts led me to use an ActiveX container with a WebBrowser but it seems to be calling an instance of IE7 even though I have IE11 on the machine. 

Has any of you ever ran into this? I have been asking uncle Google and am unable to articulate the question properly I suppose and am hoping that the community has some direction. Many thanks in advance!

Winston

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,702 Views)
Solution
Accepted by winston.hensley

Hi Winston,

This sounds like it may be an issue related to Microsoft. I did find some forums on their website that discuss a similar issue:

ActiveX Controls not loading as expected:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/909889/activex-controls-may-not-load-as-expected-in-interne...

ActiveX Controls not available when running IE11:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/729a62cf-99d0-426b-9135-ad534cd2776a/activex-methods-...

I hope these can provide some guidance!

Regards,

Andrea

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,667 Views)

Andrea,

Thanks for your response. I followed the links you provided and read through them but am ignorant when it comes to calling ActiveX and rusty in other languages. 

I still don't fully understand if there is a solution to implement in LabVIEW '18 that will allow me to call the correct version of IE. It looks like there is a way to load Firefox, which may be a more viable option so I'll investigate that. Thanks again!

Winston

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,651 Views)

have you found solution? I have same issue as you 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,177 Views)

I was unable to work out a solution in LabVIEW and ended up trying Java. I know that it's possible and also was able to make slight progress using Python but was never able to cross the finish line. Sorry I can't help more!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,164 Views)