From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveX Calls Wrong Internet Explorer Version

Solved!
Go to solution

LabVIEW 2018 64-bit Windows 10

I have been prototyping and attempting to find and example related to logging into a website and then automating a few form entries. The website uses cookies and redirects a few times so my unsuccessful attempts led me to use an ActiveX container with a WebBrowser but it seems to be calling an instance of IE7 even though I have IE11 on the machine. 

Has any of you ever ran into this? I have been asking uncle Google and am unable to articulate the question properly I suppose and am hoping that the community has some direction. Many thanks in advance!

Winston

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,738 Views)
Solution
Accepted by winston.hensley

Hi Winston,

This sounds like it may be an issue related to Microsoft. I did find some forums on their website that discuss a similar issue:

ActiveX Controls not loading as expected:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/909889/activex-controls-may-not-load-as-expected-in-interne...

ActiveX Controls not available when running IE11:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/729a62cf-99d0-426b-9135-ad534cd2776a/activex-methods-...

I hope these can provide some guidance!

Regards,

Andrea

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,703 Views)

Andrea,

Thanks for your response. I followed the links you provided and read through them but am ignorant when it comes to calling ActiveX and rusty in other languages. 

I still don't fully understand if there is a solution to implement in LabVIEW '18 that will allow me to call the correct version of IE. It looks like there is a way to load Firefox, which may be a more viable option so I'll investigate that. Thanks again!

Winston

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,687 Views)

have you found solution? I have same issue as you 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,213 Views)

I was unable to work out a solution in LabVIEW and ended up trying Java. I know that it's possible and also was able to make slight progress using Python but was never able to cross the finish line. Sorry I can't help more!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,200 Views)