LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Code

Where can you view your activation code for LabVIEW.
I already have it installed, licenced, activated, etc.

I just wanted to find my activation code.

I thought if you were in LabVIEW and pressed

Help >> About LabVIEW

it would show you, but I cannot find it. 

Cory K
Message 1 of 11
(19,484 Views)
Unfortunately, the NI License Manager does not display this information. When you activated the product did you ask for an email confirmation? I believe the code is provided in that email.
Message 2 of 11
(19,468 Views)
Yes, you can get the activation code only if you have requested for the confirmation mail during activation. If you didn't select the option and desperately need the activation code, right click on the product (in NI License Manager), deactivate the product and activate it again with requst for email confirmation enabled.
------

"A VI inside a Class is worth hundreds in the bush"
യവന്‍ പുലിയാണു കേട്ടാ!!!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(19,440 Views)

Open the registry editor (start...run...regedit in Win XP) and look for:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\National Instruments\License Manager\Activation Codes

The key names are a little "short", but you should be able to figure out what they mean (e.g. LabVIEW_PDSM_PKG:8.0600 =LabVIEW professional 8.6)  Since LabVIEW has reigstry access tools, you could even write a small VI that lists them for you.

Message 4 of 11
(19,427 Views)

Here's is a very primitive VI (LabVIEW 8.0) that lists the activation codes from the above mentioned location. 🙂

(note that you apparently also get the empty default key. You could suppress that with a little bit more code)

Message Edited by altenbach on 09-06-2008 09:38 AM
Download All
Message 5 of 11
(19,422 Views)
Thats cooool, Altenbach!!!
------

"A VI inside a Class is worth hundreds in the bush"
യവന്‍ പുലിയാണു കേട്ടാ!!!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(19,418 Views)

It would be quite trivial to make this into something that would be acessible from e.g. the tools menu in LabVIEW, similar to the code capture tool.

Still it's probably not worth cluttering the menus with something nobody ever uses. 😉

Of course I have no idea how to get the activation keys on a non-windows OS. Anyone?

Message Edited by altenbach on 09-06-2008 10:45 AM
Message 7 of 11
(19,406 Views)

i want activation code i installed the labview software but i forgot to take the activation code i need it urgently

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(9,047 Views)

@anita1999 wrote:

i want activation code i installed the labview software but i forgot to take the activation code i need it urgently

contact NI.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(9,040 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Here's is a very primitive VI (LabVIEW 8.0) that lists the activation codes from the above mentioned location. 🙂

(note that you apparently also get the empty default key. You could suppress that with a little bit more code)

Message Edited by altenbach on 09-06-2008 09:38 AM

Those are funny activation keys.  What Unicode page is that?  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(9,017 Views)