cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voltage fluctuations using cDAQ 9174 with NI-9220 module

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

We are using a cDAQ-9174 with a NI-9220 input module. I am reading from 4 channels with one DAQ assistant express vi to test before inserting into bigger project. This is a small portion of a larger project but we cannot get stable readings with 3 of our sensors. 1 is a power transducer to record watts, another is a voltage transducer for volts and the last is a Monarch tachometer. There is a current transducer that is working properly. The readings do give accurate readouts at certain times but will then spike down to near zero volts randomly, the tach not as often as the others. I switched channels with one of the signals giving "bad" readings with the "good" one and the fluctuations are not particular to a channel but follow the signal being measured. I used the Measurement and Automation Explorer Test Panels and it fluctuates in that as well. I've also checked with a very good DMM at the terminal blocks and on the plug side that plugs into the NI-9220 module and those voltage readings are accurate and do no fluctuate. I'm not sure what else to try so any input and help is greatly appreciated. I have attached an image of how bad the fluctuations are but if you'd like anything else just let me know. Thanks for your help!

Voltage fluctuations_graphs.PNGLabVIEW Test Panel_Channel AI0.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,338 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author QC_Justo

Problem is fixed! Ran a negative lead wire from negative signal input from each channel to the COM port on the card. Hope this helps if anyone has the same issue!

Message 2 of 2
(2,313 Views)