From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About LabVIEW screen is incorrect

Solved!
Go to solution

Ok I just started a new company. I downloaded LabVIEW 2018 on the new laptop. The prompt at the beginning asked for the NI account. I inadvertently used my personal LabVIEW email account. When I start LabVIEW and hit the "About" button, the "About LabVIEW" screen is displayed. My name and company is displayed - however this is incorrect. I have since created a new labview account with my new company email. How can I change the info on the About page?

thanks,

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,282 Views)
Solution
Accepted by davidhi

I am guessing you would have to re-activate your installation with the new email address.

That might mean uninstall and reinstall

Or maybe running the NI Licence Manager can fix it? That is buried down in the NI programs somewhere...

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,279 Views)

I did a complete uninstall. When I reinstalled LabVIEW, I do not recall a prompt asking for my NI account info so perhaps that is saved in a cookie or other means. 

David

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,275 Views)

I setup the license sever and it corrected the info. thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,238 Views)

Before you get all excited.    Try creating a build spec.  Does it pull data from the VLA or your MyNI?..

Just looking for confirmation of what happens to me. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,197 Views)