LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASCII to decimal conversion

Already tried that- the driver is not compatible due to it not recognizing SR860 on opening.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 24
(467 Views)

@ab7643 wrote:

Already tried that- the driver is not compatible due to it not recognizing SR860 on opening.

But that is a very easy one to fix! The quick fix would be to set the queryID boolean to false on the Initialize function. The true fix is to add the identifier that your SR860 returns to the list of identifiers the VI checks for.

It may not fix everything as there is a good chance that other commands may have changed in some ways too, but it is at least a starting point and may be enough to get basic functionality working.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 24
(463 Views)

I tried the 'quick fix' with no luck. I'll definitely double-check it though. Then I'll try the other- do you have an idea of where the list of identifiers can be changed? Would it be in the 'open' sub vi?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 24
(460 Views)

Have you even tried to look into any of the VIs? Go in highlighting mode through your test VI and see which function returns the error?

All the current VXI plug and play drivers that NI distributes nowadays have an Initialize function that you call, not an Open function, as does the SR850 instrument driver. In there you usually have the identification query.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 24
(455 Views)