From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A working label printer in labview on Windows10?

Hi

I have to interface a label printer on Labview.

My compagny have a Zebra GC420t. 

This topic seemed to have the perfect soution The problem is that we all have computer running windows 10. And despite the effort of Mark, The dll used to link the USB doesnt work on windows 10..

label printer are cheap, we can surely buy one to do our thing. I just need this new one to works properly.

Anybody have a label printer connect by USB to labview 17.0 (x32 or x64) and windows 10?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,599 Views)

I think I saw something a long time ago where zebra installs its own fonts for the bar code and something to do with printing the VI.  I wish I could remember more; I'm hoping someone will be able to take you further...  😞

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,573 Views)

ScuudAL,

I did some research and was unable to find any other solutions for interfacing with a label printer via LabVIEW other than the post you linked.

Check out messages 39 through 45 of that thread you sent in - it looks like some people were able to have success in using the low-level VISA commands to interface with it, or using a simple "Generic/Plain text" driver. If you are unable to revert any of the machines back to Windows 7 and Mark is not able to figure out the Windows 10 problem, that may be the next direction to experiment.

VanCamp

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,532 Views)

Are you able to print to the printer using the label design software?  If so, this should be very simple using a CMD prompt. I'm assuming that you have a label design in ZPL code.  If not, you can get this easily by printing from your WYSIWYG software (Zebra Designer, etc) to a file.  This will convert your label to a series of text command which you then need to send to the printer via the CMD prompt. 

• Make sure the printer is shared and has a share name.
  • Save the label code to a file. 
  • cmd /c copy %filename% \\computername\printershare
aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,522 Views)

my company decided to seek help with that problem with a professional Labview develloper. It really looks like i'm not qualified enough to really deal with that problem. I really hope to learn a lot from this meeting.  thanks for everybody who took tjhe time to answer me

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,498 Views)

I am waiting for a new version of our SDK which I should be able to use. I will post when it gets released. It should support both 32 and 64 bit LabVIEW on Windows 10.

Is it possible to use the network interface or serial interface? If sending simple ZPL the serial port should work fine. Network communications are very reliable.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,485 Views)