LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The installation of this application may be corrupt"- happening in both 2014 and 2016

Solved!
Go to solution

So about a week ago I started getting a Windows popup when I try to launch the LabVIEW 2016 development environment. It says "The installation of this application may be corrupt. Use Add or Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel to attempt to repair this program."

I tried doing as it said, but apparently I don't have the right installation media sitting around, and can't get the repair tool to run correctly. I assumed my LV installation got corrupted somehow, and was about to uninstall/reinstall when I remembered I had 2014 installed as well. I tried to run it, and got the same error.

It seems like some other (Windows?) component is somehow broken, which is nuking my LV installs. I can try to reinstall LabVIEW, but that's a long process I'd rather not undertake if it won't fix the issue. I'd also prefer to not reinstall Windows.

Any thoughts? Doing a search showed a few people with this issue that reinstalled LV to fix it, but since this affects multiple separate version installs I'm wondering if it's not a LabVIEW thing at all.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,976 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BertMcMahan

Well it seems I fixed it easier than I thought I would. As expected I think it was a bad dll that got corrupted somehow.

I read somewhere else that was having a barely related issue, and they had said it was an issue with licensing. I tried to run the NI License Manager, and got a different error- this one said that it failed to start due to missing "msvcp71.dll". I searched for that online, but ended up just downloading the NI License Manager installer to reinstall just the license manager. After I did that... LabVIEW started working again, both 2014 and 2016. So far, no issues but I haven't thoroughly tested things yet. They both at least start up now, so that's something.

So this ended up working out; instead of reinstalling all of LabVIEW, I was able to just reinstall the NI License Manager, which included the dll(s?) that had apparently been deleted somehow.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,959 Views)