LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zebra printer - Printing from LabVIEW using ZPL commands....

If the o s is win 8 or above it requires digital signature. With out dig.Sig you cannot install. the generated driver files.

Restart with boot option menu in win 8 or 10 using advanced opt. disable driver signature and install driver.

0 Kudos
Message 131 of 163
(2,661 Views)

Hi Mark,

are there any news from your legal department?

We are confronted with the USB-Zebra-device and LabVIEW issue and your tool seems to be the solution.

One more point is we are using Zbera GK420t and I was unhappy not finding it in your device list in your shared VI.

We would like to use this as temporary solution, till you are able to  publish your tool.

Would it be possible to add this series?

Thanks for your great work and support.

Regards

Jos

0 Kudos
Message 132 of 163
(2,576 Views)

Here is the driver. It is for LV 2015 but will work with older versions. There may be an issue communicating with printers when using Windows 10. I have not fully looked into that.

The attached code does have a very crude example which should get you going. This driver does not do any formatting of ZPL. This strictly enables raw communications with the printer over USB.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 133 of 163
(2,525 Views)

For Zebra barcode printers always ZPL formated files only to be send ( to get better results), For ZPL command one can format it using ZPL code and send it using Ni Visa. It is simple.

Message 134 of 163
(2,509 Views)

@K.C wrote:

For Zebra barcode printers always ZPL formated files only to be send ( to get better results), For ZPL command one can format it using ZPL code and send it using Ni Visa. It is simple.

Well, not really simple.  The manual for zpl is complete,. Although a hard to read document.  

But, Well worth the time you need to read it 😆

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 135 of 163
(2,489 Views)

No need to learn the manual completely. There are other simple ways . Simply layout the barcode model in zebra barcode utility software then print to file. If you open the print file(.prn) using notepad it will show you the complete formatted zpl code. Send the code using Visa.

Message 136 of 163
(2,478 Views)

Hello Mark,

thanks for your supplied files.

Could you compile it to LV11, too.

Sorry forgot to share my LV version.

In our company we are using LV14 (hope we get LV17 in short term).

For home use i need to have any code in LV11.

Thanks again for your work.

--

Regards

Caiv

0 Kudos
Message 137 of 163
(2,469 Views)

Hi all,

If you wish to convert VI’s to a different version of LabVIEW, you can post in the version conversion forum: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Version-Conversion/bd-p/VersionConversion.

I see that this forum post has been open for several years. In general, we recommend that a new forum post be created for different questions. However, it seems that Mark has been responsive to this post throughout the duration of the post. If any future posts are not answered, feel free to create a new post.

Brian.D
NI Product Owner
VeriStand
0 Kudos
Message 138 of 163
(2,438 Views)

Hello Mark,

I now have a converted version of your VIs.

Unfortunately there is "Get System Path.vi" missing.

Could you provide it in LV version LV2011, please.

Thanks and regards

Caiv

0 Kudos
Message 139 of 163
(2,424 Views)

Sorry about that. I was on vacation last week. Here is the version saved for 2011.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 140 of 163
(2,406 Views)