From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Curious XControl Cursor Problem...

Hey all;

To help lighten your day, here is a very strange problem that I found with XControls. To recreate the issue, create a new XControl and place a 2D picture control on the front panel and save your work - no added code is necessary.

Now install this XControl on the front panel of a new VI and move the cursor over the XControl and note what it looks like. Now go to the icon editor for the VI you just created and you will notice that the cursor when you're hovering over the XControl matches what is selected. Now change the tool to something else distinctive like the paint can, say OK to the icon editor and move your cursor over the XControl again - it is now what you selected!

NI has duplicated this and a CAR is forthcoming...

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,221 Views)

The XControl is not necessary, and at least two CARs already exist since one of them is mine.  You can fix this yourself prior to LV11 as I show at the end of this thread:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/paint-bucket-displayed/m-p/1878283#M635136

The bug is with the icon editor.  You can set the cursor yourself in the XControl to be safe.

Message 2 of 5
(2,215 Views)

I suspect is must have been a bad batch of milk or something that you and Putnam shared back when that would result in both of you indepently stumbling across the same issue so close in time.

Smiley Happy

Then again may be the after efects of work with the early versions of LV.

Darin, have you noticed anything funny lately, like floating paint cans?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,212 Views)

Two CARs? The guy at NI couldn't find even one. Do you have the numbers handy?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,201 Views)

@mikeporter wrote:

Two CARs? The guy at NI couldn't find even one. Do you have the numbers handy?

Can't post them here, check your PM.

@Ben:  LV is where I turn to avoid seeing floating paint cans.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,187 Views)