LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

845X VI's not installed after installing the 8451 driver

Hi guys, I have downloaded and installed the latest driver for the USB 8451:

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-845x-2.0/2647/en/

Interesting enough, I can't actually find the VI library for the device under the vi.lib folder.

The VI library does come with the driver right? Can anyone tell me how come it's not installed? :mansad:

Thanks !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,547 Views)

Hello Jack

You are correct the library comes with the driver. Did you make sure that all the support files were selected when you were following the installation wizard?

When we have this kind of issues, we should try to repair the installation, if this does not help, we could try to remove the driver completely and start from cero.

Regards

Frank R.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,522 Views)

Cheers bro, will try it Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,517 Views)

Hello Jack,

I don't have this driver installed, so I can't confirm, but typically drivers will be installed to instr.lib - not vi.lib.  Have you attempted navigating to the VIs via the functions palette?  If so, are they present there?

Regards,

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,513 Views)

I have the same issue. I use LV development suite 2011. I can install the driver (version 15.0) and the device is recognized in NI MAX, but no VI's to be found in the pallet. 
I tried installing LV 2015 (since support is down to LV 2012 according to the release notes) but also in LV 2015 I do not get vi's in the pallet. 

Can you help me in getting it fixed?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,328 Views)

If you are using 32 bits lv, switch to 64 bits, and viceversa

For reasons I can't fathom, some drivers' palletes do not show up in certain versions of lv, for example I cannot see or use the 73xx motion pallete in 64 bits lv, even tho I have it installed.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,322 Views)

Hello 0AintLifeGrand0!

You are correct in saying that the 15.0 driver only supports up 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 LabVIEW (32-bit and 64-bit), but when you installed 2015 LabVIEW, did you reinstall the driver for the 845x? The driver needs a valid/compatible version of LabVIEW to point at during its installation or it might not work properly. If you haven't tried a repair/force reinstall of the driver after installing 2015 LabVIEW, I would recommend trying that. Additionally, we only really suggest the 64-bit version of LabVIEW when you are using the software to do large amounts of data processing. The 64-bit version of LabVIEW is not compatible with nearly as many modules and toolkits as the 32-bit versions. Please give this step a try or let us know if you already did this!

John H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,305 Views)

Yes, I re-installed the driver after installing 2015. 
I tried again now, first de-installed the driver (again), re-installed the driver. I now see the SPI toolset in the instrument interface and I got the box talking to my development board.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,298 Views)