From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D surface plot

the data points are on z=0,1 and 2

that I wanna make a 3D surface graph and use the numeric controller to change the cross section between the z plane and the surface graph....so that if I putted z=1.5   the output will be the points of the cross section.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(1,537 Views)
Oh.  are the three data sets supposed to be different levels of the same 3d wing shaped object?
--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(1,532 Views)
yes that was correct....and those points are found from the blade...
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(1,530 Views)
Sounds like you want to create a mesh surface that conforms to your datapoints, but you can interpolate different z values from??
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,502 Views)
yes...I wanna use the given data point to create meshing surface...and give the desire -plane...the program pull out the nodes from the crosssection
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,497 Views)

Here is something I used to create a mesh using mathscript and the mathscript viewer.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,488 Views)

sorry that I you do version 8.5?? that I can't open the file...thanks

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,477 Views)

Here you go

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,445 Views)

Starting atpost #7 of this thread I start a tutorial exaplaining how to use the 3d Graph to plot multiple curves and surfaces.

If you want your final image to look like an air foil your are going to have to present your data such that adjoining points in your surface are adjacent in the data set. THis thread shows a quick hack of a a car rendered in 3d.

If you want it all to be one color you will have to set teh color mapping to none.

Idividual ribs of the wing can be added as sepearte plots to over-lay the surface.

Have fun!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 19 of 19
(1,432 Views)