LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D surface plot

first of all, I am using Labview version 8.5...and Ive only used labview for a couple weeks...had no training, pretty much just self learned so Im still new to labview..if I can get help from somebody here~ I would be really appreciate that~ and here are my problems:

1. Im trying to plot all the point in 3D plot and gives the blade shape graph; however, the line in the 3D plot connected all the points, and I would like a surface image   of the blade...

2.jpg

1.jpg

2. And a numeric control window...so I can input the offset ...for instance..input z=1.5 then the program will pull out the cross-section point between the blade and the z=1.5 plane

THANKs for all the help~

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(4,240 Views)

Why don't you try the 3D Surface Graph?

Just drop the 3D Surface Graph down on the front panel, and LabVIEW will generate some block diagram action.

Connect an x and y vector (each is 1D array of values) and then a z matrix (2D array of values.)

CLD | CTD
LabVIEW 2011 SP1 | TestStand 4.5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(4,228 Views)

I think I had try that before, but it didnt work...maybe I didnt give the right format to the Surface graph

so just simly add the output to the mathscript and change ''a''  ''b'' to 1D array, and change ''c'' to 2D array?

Gotta try that~

thanks for the help~ 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(4,225 Views)
I would load the values from a file instead of using a mathscript.  Can you post a data set so I can play around with it?
Message Edited by elset191 on 07-01-2009 01:38 PM
--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(4,220 Views)
Ive tried to run with surface plot however here's my result....can anyone teach me where I did wrong? thanks for the help~Untitled.jpg
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(4,209 Views)
Sorry..I posted the wrong file
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(4,203 Views)
I don't know what's what in that excel file.
--
Tim Elsey
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(4,202 Views)
Why do you want to use 3D Graph if the graphs are purely 2D?
--
Tim Elsey
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(4,193 Views)

there are 3 sets of points in the excel file..for z=0 , z=1, and z=2

and they are in (x,y,z) coordinate

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(4,191 Views)
But, since the z coordinates are constant within each data set, why not just graph them all on an xy graph in three different colors?
--
Tim Elsey
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(4,189 Views)